Frequently Asked Questions & Helpful Tips
- Use unique file names for attachments each time you apply for a new position.
(example: Search 2012111-CoverLetter)
- Write down your user name and password.
- Remember to save often while completing your profile (ie. work experience).
- File name must be less than 64 characters.
- Husky Hire accepts only the following file types: .doc and .docx (MS Word); .pdf (Adobe Acrobat) and .jpeg. Documents uploaded in file types other than those listed may not be considered.
Frequently Asked Questions:
I applied for a position but would like to update my application materials. How do I do this?
If the position is still listed at http://www.jobs.uconn.edu and if you have already applied to a specific search and wish to submit another application to the same search, all previous applications for the position will be replaced. If you wish to apply again, please ensure that you resubmit a complete application including all required attachments.
Helpful resources with step-by-step instructions on how to “Reapply for a Job Opening.”
How much time do I have to apply for positions?
Application deadlines, if applicable, are included in the specific job postings within the “To Apply” section. Applications will be accepted through 11:59 PM on the advertising end date.
I am having difficulty applying for a position through Husky Hire. Who can I contact for assistance?
During business hours, you may contact the HR Recruitment Help Desk at (860) 486-3033 or via email at HRSearchFeedback@uconn.edu.
There are also helpful resources with step-by-step instructions on how to manage your account as well as how to apply for a job opening.
What are the acceptable/compatible web browsers?
Review the list of Certified Browsers here.
What are the files types that can be uploaded into Husky Hire?
Husky Hire accepts only the following file types: .doc and .docx (MS Word); .pdf (Adobe Acrobat) and .jpeg.
Documents uploaded in file types other than those listed may not be considered.
How do I apply for a position that requires the applicant to hold status in the class or have an active exam score (titles include: Office Assistant, Secretary 1, Secretary 2)?
To be eligible to apply for competitive positions, an applicant must have an active exam score or must have status or have previously held status in the class.
If you have held status in the class or taken and passed an exam for the advertised position:
- Complete the online application section titled “State Exams”.
- Human Resources will verify exam scores for all applicants. Only applicants that have held status in the class or those with active exam scores will be referred to the hiring department.
If you do not have an active exam score (and do not have status in the class) you will not be eligible to apply.
For more information on how to take a state exam go to: http://www.das.state.ct.us/exam/
- State of Connecticut examinations are administered through the Department of Administrative Services State Recruiting and Testing Center, 165 Capitol Avenue, Room 110, Hartford.
- The minimum qualifications for admittance into an examination are detailed on the examination announcement. You must meet all minimum qualifications by the closing date specified on the announcement.
How do I view applications that I have saved or submitted?
There are helpful resources with step-by-step instructions on located at: http://www.jobs.uconn.edu/help_docs.html
CLASSIFIED POSITIONS (maintenance, clerical, and public safety)
What should I expect after I apply to an open Classified position?
- The appropriate hiring department(s) will review all applications. For positions requiring an active exam score, the Department of Human Resources will pre-screen applications to verify active exam scores.
- Hiring departments will contact you directly if they wish to schedule an interview. If you receive a call for an interview, request a contact name and telephone number from the hiring department as well as directions to the interview location.
- The review of applications and the interview process may take several weeks after the closing date of the position.
- Once the top candidate is identified and the proper documentation is submitted by the hiring department, the official job offer is made by the Department of Human Resources.
FACULTY AND NON-FACULTY PROFESSIONAL POSITIONS
What should I expect after I apply?
The hiring department will extend a job offer to the chosen candidate after all approvals have been obtained including approval to interview applicants and hire the final candidate.
How do I contact the Department of Human Resources?
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us!
- Contact the Employment Services Unit in the Department of Human Resources at (860) 486-2073 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. or emailthe Employment Services Unit in the Department of Human Resources at: email@example.com.
- HR Recruitment/Search Help Desk: (860) 486-3033 or HRSearchFeedback@uconn.edu
- Website: http://www.hr.uconn.edu
- Husky Hire Applicant/User Resources: http://www.jobs.uconn.edu/help_docs.html